
My main interests in broadcast production, at the moment, is editing audio. My history in music and recording bands sparked this interest a few years ago.
Our most recent editing project was to interview Kim about her career in broadcasting, to choose parts of the interview we wanted and to edit the whole thing down to two minutes. The Interview took 33 minutes, so to cut that down to 2 minutes was a challenge!
For my edit I chose to focus on Kim's early career, her career path and how her career affects her family. Kim went into a lot of detail when we spoke to her so I found the moments where she made key statements and used those in the final piece. However, it was very difficult to squeeze it all down to 120 seconds so I found myself cutting out a lot of words and silence in the edit.
I edited the interview in Cubase VST32 at home on my own Pc. Cubase is a primarily a music sequencer but does have a useful wave editor in the package. I would have probably completed the task quicker if I had used Protools as I find it more user friendly and easier to use.
Click the link below to download the final edit of the interview as an mp3.
Other relevant links:
Protools:- http://www.digidesign.com/
Cubase:- http://www.steinberg.net/24_1.html
1 comment:
A good blog entry giving an insight into what you have done on the course and your own skills. Good use of an image. I would like to point out that your edit of the interview was very good. You did manage to pin down the main points from a lot of footage and tell a good story. This is a skill you will need to use a lot when you get to work in the media again.
Post a Comment